How We Style It: Button-Downs

"How We Style It - Button Downs" by Sara Renner of Avtomobile
Ah, the button-down. I probably have more button-downs than shoes if you can believe that. What I love most about the button-down is the variety of ways in which it can be styled. I suppose the same can be said about many of our HWSI featured items, but this one holds a special place in my heart.

I suppose it all started for me at Miami when I discovered Ralph Lauren button-downs and the eternally preppy look of a popped collar. I'll admit right here and now that no collar of mine ever goes unpopped. Collars up for life.

So for today's How We Style It, we're keeping our Miami pride alive and rockin' our button-downs with the collars popped. For my two looks, I've chosen both a denim button-down as one fun summer look that would work well for a BBQ or a music festival and a classic white button-down paired with a full skirt that would work for a daytime date at the park or Sunday brunch. Allison went with a red flannel button down that's the perfect weight for walking the dog on the beach when the sun's starting to set, and a classic blue and white stripe button down paired with a tank dress that's perfect for an afternoon of shopping with friends.

JCrew Chambray Shirt, H&M White T-Shirt, Abercrombie & Fitch White Shorts (yes, you read that correctly, 
they are from high school) (similar), Vintage Boots (similar)
David Yurman, Timex for JCrew, Brooklyn Stars, Tiffany, JCrew, Assorted Bangles, Turquoise Cuff (similar
Photo Credit: Christy Lottie
Avtomobile custom-made flannel button down, J. Crew Cropped Pixie Pants,
Minnetonka Thunderbird II moccasins
,
HRH Ombré Bracelet, David Yurman 5mm Blue Topaz Bracelet

Photo Credit: Ben McDonald
Photo Credit: Ben McDonald
JCrew Three-Quarter Sleeve White Button Down, Zara Skirt, Steven Nude Pumps (similar), 
Vintage Earrings, Louis Vuitton Speedy
Photo Credit: Christy Lottie
Photo Credit: Christy Lottie
J. Crew Stretch Perfect Shirt in Classic Stripe, Claridge + King The Tank Long Dress, Grandmother's clutch,
Rachel Mulherin necklace
,
David Yurman 5mm Blue Topaz Bracelet

Photo Credit: Ben McDonald
So tell us, do you all love a good button-down as much as we do? And what are your favorites? Xo J & A

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Christy, its all the photographer :)

      Delete
  2. OMG, love all of these outfits and y'all look gorgeous in all of them as always! :) Long live the popped collar! I just ordered a men's button down from j. crew sale section and got it monogrammed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies! I'm so excited to have found your blog this week... I'm loving this post and your outfit ideas. I agree with Beth that Jcrew has some great button downs. I have my eye on one from the crewcuts sections (large child size is sometimes the perfect fit). Also, I featured you guys on my weekend wishes post today; I hope you'll stop by to check it out! http://pinktogreenblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan you are so sweet! Thank you for including us in your weekend plans :) I can't wait to hear how your vegetable garden does- I'm planting mine too this weekend!

      Xo J

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting!

Popular Posts