10 Things Every Man Should Own - Button-Down

Gentlemen, consider this the GOLD STANDARD. via
I have some exciting news to share. This week, my boyfriend mentioned he was in need of some casual button-downs. Now for some of you, this may be like whatever who cares but to me this was like CHRISTMAS FREAKING MORNING. You see, my boyfriend rarely needs anything in the way of clothing (at least according to him). I think in the past two years that we have been together, he has bought MAYBE two items of clothing. I, on the other hand, have a J.Crew or Shopbop package arriving every other day. 

So that brings me to today's 10 Things Every Man Should Own post. With the ability to transform dudes from lazy college guy to Mr. Wonderful, the button-down is a necessity is every man's closet. Perfect for everything from a casual get-together to date night, button-downs serve many purposes. Maximum dapperness, minimal effort.
Okay seriously, WHY?!
Now, to be fair, not all button-downs are created equal as seen in the photo above. There are MANY horrifying options out there but not to worry, that's why I'm here. I have scoured the interwebs and here are a few of my faves:
Burberry Brit

Brooks Brothers

Gant Rugger

Polo Ralph Lauren


J.Crew


J.Crew 

And ladies, because I'm sure I'm not the only one who subscribes to the "well I already have to pay to shipping so why not get something for me" school of thought, here are some fab button-downs for you :)
J.CrewEquipmentJ.Crew

Comments

  1. My husband recently made the same comment to me and it was like Christmas! And while we were buying piles of clothes for him, I just added in a few necklaces and such for me too. Win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your basically saving money by adding something for yourself, right?! love a man in a button down. and I agree, any shopping is like christmas :)

    http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting!

Popular Posts