In the Kitchen: Recipes of the Week


In an effort to "be healthy or whatever" and also to change things up in the kitchen, I have been trying to unofficially introduce one new recipe a week in our home. It's not really anything too crazy; we were just getting stuck in a ravioli + salad rut that we needed to get out of. Not that ravioli isn't delicious, but we are trying to be more healthy and, with so many easy and delicious recipes out there, why not give it a try?

I've been trying new recipes for a few weeks now and I thought I'd share some of the recipes with you all. Some are vegetarian, but since my fiance is a carnivore, I've included which protein he paired with the meal. I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as we do!

Asian Noodles with Edamame (LMK if anyone is interested in me posting this recipe) + Teriyaki Salmon with Sriracha Cream Sauce (we passed on the sauce since TC gave up hot sauce for Lent). Thanks to Julia from Pawley's Island Posh for the lead!

Roasted Cauliflower with Pine Nuts + Toasted Pine Nut Couscous + Chicken Breast

Lettuce Cup Tacos (I used veggie crumbles instead of ground beef)

Beet Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing (modeled after the beet salad from Station SF which I posted here on Instagram). Admittedly, this is not really that healthy, but I really wanted to try to copy the recipe. If you have a smaller portion of it though, it won't wreck your diet.

Spicy Vegetarian Tortilla Soup + Shredded Chicken (if you want the protein)

Any other new recipes we should try?! Xo J

Comments

  1. I, too, am trying to eat cleaner :) My friend made Hungry Girl's "pizza-bellas" last night and they were SO good! Basically pizzas with portabella mushrooms as the crust. I think even the men-folk would like these! http://thesocialchairdc.blogspot.com/2013/03/hungry-girls-mushroom-pizza.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Meredith, thanks for sharing, it sounds delish! I'll def check it out!

      Xo J

      Delete
  2. Will you please share the "Asian Noodles with Edamame" recipe?! I would love to have it - is it a GF version?

    Here is one of my fave GF/clean recipes - your carnivore husband can combine it into so many things for the week: http://www.worthystyle.com/2012/05/everyday-paleo-pulled-pork-recipe.html (tacos, soups, stews, ramen, sandwiches, etc.).

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. drooling. all of these look amazing. my newest healthy blog find is http://www.weeknightbite.com

    http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lettuce cup tacos inspired me to make asian lettuce wraps. Ground turkey, brown rice, red pepper (or any other veggies you like) sauteed with low sodium soy sauce, sesame oil, hoisin sauce, ginger and garlic. Served in the lettuce cup topped with shredded cabbage and carrots. It was delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The principle effectiveness of a residential look that can assist you always keep, ready yourself as well as cause portions diet regime as well as in order to perform like undertakings as with dishwashing.replacement retractable screen for storm door

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting!

Popular Posts