Girl Crush of the Week: Natalie Mason of Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers



I am not totally sure how i was introduced to the blog Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers but I think it may have been by our friend Tina. I'm fairly certain that Tina brought the blog to our attention last year and I have been following it religiously ever since. Things really came to a head though when I started following Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers' founder Natalie Mason on Instagram and she followed me back. You know how that goes- just like that, she was my girl.

As the title of Natalie's blog's alludes, Natalie shares with readers everything from her designer finds to wonderful meals (seriously I'm obsessed with her Roasted Vegetable Couscous and Chopped Greek Salad) to wait for it...



... the most adorable 3 year old on the planet, her son Sterling. Yep, she's all-around awesome. Please join me in getting to know Natalie a little more as today's Girl Crush of the Week!


  • Style icons? Gwyneth Paltrow is my number one style icon and girl crush. She always looks fab even in workout gear. I want to stalk her and be friends. She always looks effortless. I also love Olivia Palermo and Jessica Alba. They have great style and aren't afraid to try new trends. I admire Jessica Alba because as a Mommy she has not sacrificed her style at all.
  • Favorite book? This is a tough one. But recently I read Wild by Cheryl Strayed and it just really stuck with me. Not a typical book I would read, but a great story. I highly recommend it.
Natalie and her hubby Matt.

  • Favorite perfume? I love Chloe, I have been wearing it for years. Plus it comes in a really cute bottle with a bow, so it looks pretty sitting on my vanity as well!
  • Interior design philosophy?
    • Buy what makes you happy. Your home should be filled with pieces you love to look at.
    • You can never have too many coffee table books.
    • Animal print is always a good idea.

  • Best hidden gem store? I would have to say TJMaxx. You have to dig and get there frequently but you can find some really great stuff there. I just found an Equipment Dress at our local one (photo above). It was such a great find, I could not believe my luck! They get in great brands you just have to take a little time to look. I love the thrill of the hunt and finding a good bargain.
  • Must-have beauty product? As a mommy lets be real a lot of nights I don't get a lot of sleep, combine that with my dark eye circles I inherited from mom and you are looking at some eyes that need some serious help.   So, concealer is essential to me. I swear by Clu De Peau's concealer. It is a little pricey but it works so well. Its is the best concealer I have used.  Plus it lasts forever so you really get your money's worth.


  • Favorite song? This is totally random but I love The Gambler by Kenny Rogers. I also love Islands in the Stream- I guess you could say I am a Kenny Rogers fan:)
  • Secret obsession? Trashy gossip magazines. I used to buy every single gossip magazine. True story every Friday morning I would stalk the grocery stores for the new issues, even going to more than one store to find them. I have grown up a bit now and limit myself to a subscription to two- US Weekly and People. I do still browse the others while waiting inline at the grocery store. I have a weird obsession with celebrities' daily lives :)


  • Motto/quote to live by? Enjoy the little things in life, because someday you will look back and realize they were the big things.
  • Favorite drink? Non-alcoholic is Sparkling Water, and then alcoholic would be a crisp glass of white wine. I love me some white wine 

  • My bracelet stack isn't complete without? I have recently been obsessed with this slide bracelet my mom gave me. It looks great alone or layered on with other gold bangles. It is special to me because it is filled with slides she and my grandmother collected over the years. Many of the slides represent birthstones of family members which I think is cool.



  • I get my sweat on by? I alternate my workouts frequently because I get burned out easily. I run some, do some DVDS, and Barre Classes. I have really been into the Barre Classes lately and always love to do my Tracey Anderson Mat DVD. It is a great workout that really tones your body up! If Tracey can make Gwyneth's body look that good than maybe she can help mine, right?
So ya, she's amazing no? Check out her blog, Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers!

PS don't forget to enter our KiraKira Marrakech Earring Giveaway if you haven't already :)

Comments

  1. Girl crush for sure! Natalie's blog is one of my first reads every morning! She has the BEST tips, recipes, clothing, and keeps it real :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never met anyone else with a slide bracelet! I have a diamond a gold one from my grandparents when I graduated college.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Natalie! By far my favorite blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Natalie! So happy for her to be your girl crush of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalie is always my girl crush! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the feature Natalie! I read her blog daily and we are both in Charleston. www.styleoyster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore Natalie! So fun to read more about her ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Natalie and her blog!! Such a fun feature!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love my girl! Great feature Nat! Sterling really might be the cutest toddler boy ever. I've already put Wells on a dating wait list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for featuring me as your Girl Crush! I'm beyond flattered!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep! That's my girl!! beautiful inside and out, lucky to call her my best friend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the "girl crush" segment. So cute. Glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great feature! She's definitely one of my daily reads!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute is that child! The pictures are very lovely dear :) Following u on fb too! I hope u will like my page as welle!
    Have a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this post! I love Natalie's blog too -- great feature!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love love love Nat times a million. So obsessed with this chic mama!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Shame on you for making an additional great submit! Awesome stuff, keep up the superior work. I see a lot of potential! I wonder if you are an active user with any social networking web sites like Digg or Stumble Upon? have a peek at this web-site

    ReplyDelete
  18. i am very picky about baby toys, so i always choose the best ones., nayashopi.in

    ReplyDelete
  19. You can find all the coupons, cashbacks and deals only on shopozo

    ReplyDelete
  20. you have a great blog here! want to have the invite posts in my weblog? you can try here

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting!

Popular Posts