Blind Wine Tasting Party

The line up - six bottles of red.

As you all may know by now, I love to entertain. My husband and I love having all of our friends over for BBQs, and I also love having just the girls over for dinner too. My girlfriends and I usually rotate houses and do a potluck style. This time, I wanted to do something a little different, so this past weekend, I hosted a blind wine tasting. It was so, so fun and I recommend all of you hosting one with your friends too!


Yummy appetizers to munch on during the wine tasting.

The concept is that everyone brings two of the exact same bottles of wine. For this tasting, I asked that everyone brings red wines since there is so much variety with reds. One of the bottles is entered in the blind tasting and the second bottle is for the winner of the tasting to take home. That's right, the prize for bringing the best-tasting wine is the entire second set of wines!





As for execution, my husband totally helped out with this one. Since he wasn't participating, he was the one who gathered all of the bottles and placed them in brown paper bags with numbers. He was careful to remove the seal at the top of the bottles and secured the bags with raffia. 

So once everything was all set up, everyone got a notecard, pen and post-its to mark their favorites. As we began tasting, everyone used their own method of ranking, knowing that they would have to choose their first, second and third favorites at the end. Since there were six of us, we tasted six wines and then voted. We did a slow reveal of the three that got the least amount of votes and then went through number three, two and one. At the end, the Cline Zinfandel was crowned victorious! 




So those are the details on the bling wine tasting! LMK if you have any questions at all.

Xo J

Comments

  1. Julia you are a genius! Love this idea so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty good form of entertainment to have at a party. You and your unique ideas never fail to amaze me, Julia. It's also such a nice plus to know that your husband helped you out with the execution. You guys make such a rad team. Hahaha! Thanks for sharing that! Kudos and all the best! :)

    Irvin Moss @ The Brewmeister

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting!

Popular Posts