Lemon Orzo Salad with Asparagus, Spinach, and Feta Recipe


It's been awhile since I shared any new recipes with you all but I've got a good one today. 

I don't know about you, but because it's just my husband and me at home, using up all of our produce can be a challenge. After I found myself wasting one too many bunches of kale and/or spinach I decided to be a little smarter in my meal planning. I did some hunting on Pinterest and found this yummy lemon orzo salad recipe which I modified to my liking (aka cranked up the vegetable portion). Spoiler alert- it's super, super yummy and stays fresh for days. Please see below for my recipe:

Lemon Orzo Salad with Asparagus, Spinach, and Feta (modified from here)
Serves 4

Ingredients
1 cup orzo
Salt-about 1/2 tsp. for boiling water
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon coconut oil
2 full bunches asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 full bunch or bag fresh spinach
Juice of 2 large lemons
1/4 cup feta cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste


Directions
  1. In a medium sauce pan, bring 4 cups of water to boil. Add the salt. Stir in orzo. Cook until according to package directions for al dente, about 8-9 minutes. Drain orzo and set aside.
  2. In a small sauce pan, saute garlic in coconut oil. Add in asparagus pieces. Saute for 3-4 minutes. Stir in spinach. Cook until asparagus is tender and the spinach shrinks down (abount another 1-2 minutes).
  3. Put the orzo in a medium bowl and add in the vegetables. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the orzo and vegetables. Stir. Season with salt and pepper. Taste-add more lemon juice if you wish. If you need more juice, go ahead.
  4. Sprinkle feta cheese over the top of the salad. Serve warm. 

I hope you enjoy this salad as much as my husband and I did!

Xo J

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting!

Popular Posts