Girl Crush of the Week: Kelly Lee of Kelly Golightly

I meannnnn...

I mean, you take one look at Kelly Lee of Kelly Golightly and you just know she's fantastic. The Beverly Hills-based fashion and lifestyle expert, writer and stylist is every bit the modern day Audrey Hepburn her blog's namesake claims her to be. From amazing recipes (you'll see several included here) to amazing ensembles, Kelly's blog is the perfect combination of helpful tips paired with an escape from reality. Please join us in getting to know the fantastic Kelly Lee as today's Girl Crush of the Week!



  • Style icons? I idolize Audrey Hepburn for her charm and timeless style (Kelly Golightly is an ode to Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany’s). And, I admire Kelly Wearstler for taking bold chances.
  • Favorite book? Breakfast at Tiffany’s (big surprise, I know!).



  • What perfume do you wear? I don’t wear perfume but on occasion will dab a little vanilla extract behind my ears. It’s fun to smell like you’ve been in the kitchen baking all day, even if you haven’t.

This shot could easily be mistaken for a movie poster- so chic!

  • Interior design philosophy? I believe in the power of a white backdrop with pops of happy colors (pastel blues and pinks, bright orange and yellow are my faves). A white backdrop always looks fresh and happy and allows you to easily swap out accessories and art to suit your changing tastes. Also, lighting is everything. We’ve moved a lot (10 times in 13 years) and our number one requirement is always good natural light. Not only will your interior design always look better, but you will be happier. 

Kelly loves herself some polka dots!


  • Best "hidden gem" store? I love A.SweeT. in Beverly Hills, which carries clothing and candy– could there be a better combination? They have a great mix of up-and-coming labels like Mara Hoffman and Tucker, as well as fun accessories and gifts (Mr. Kate Cheerios rings!). In San Francisco, my favorite store is Past Perfect for finding vintage furniture and décor gems. If I told you my hidden gem store in Palm Springs, I would have to kill you (or at least wrestle you to the ground for a vintage bar cart). Once we’re done decorating, I look forward to sharing it… Scouts honor.



  • Must-have beauty product? I swear by Basis face wash (a steal at less than $7), Oil of Olay SPF 15 moisturizer, Bare Escentuals mineral powder foundation, and Chapstick.
  • Favorite song? Moon River and Our Love Is Here to Stay (my husband and I walked down to the aisle to the latter).



  • Secret addiction? Where to start? I have quite the sweet tooth and my addictions (all food related) come in phases (milkshakes were in our wedding vows!), but currently chocolate milk and root beer floats are in the daily rotation (I have the palate of a six-year-old). I also have a hardcore addiction to homemade jalapeno poppersNon-food related, it’s not much of a secret, but I have an ongoing love affair with polka dots (seen here, here and here). And then there’s my Swannie
This photo is everything. Mark, could you please acquire one of these swans for my bachelorette party?

  • Motto/Quote to live by? Happy girls are the prettiest girls.

Oh helllllo there.

  • Favorite drink? Other than chocolate milk and root beer floats… I enjoy a good grapefruit margarita. And actually love water, especially when jazzed up with Emergen-C.
Kelly Wearstler and House of Harlow cuffs seen here.

  • My bracelet stack isn't complete without... I have my constant three: a Kristen McCloud cuff, the namesake jewelry company of my friend and artist Kristen McCloud who is based in Rio; a Kelly Wearstler pyrite cuff (that I scored at a sample sale); and a House of Harlow cuff (that I picked up at a private trunk show held in Lionel Richie’s living room – only in LA!). 



  • I get my sweat on by... Slimmons! I don’t work out often (unless lifting a spoon to my mouth counts, and I do believe that’s the only reason I have the slightest wisp of a muscle), but when I do it’s with Richard Simmons. Yes, the man himself. He teaches at the same studio in Beverly Hills that he has taught at for 30 years. It’s one of LA’s best kept secrets. You will laugh the entire time and get a great workout in the process (Richard Simmons is also responsible for my parents losing over 50 lbs!). I love him to pieces. And the workout will only set you back $12. 
Can you tell I want it to be summer now? :)

Adore Kelly as much as we do? Follow her via: 

Comments

  1. Her photography is amazing! I love how she's rocking the red lip, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this interview!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for featuring me and for the kind comments everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great spotlight on that sweet (other) Kelly!
    XO!
    Kelley
    The Hidden List

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview...love Kelly's look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Kelly's blog & instagram. She's so glamorous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting!

Popular Posts